Certified Louisiana Economic Developer
Learn best practices in economic development to grow business, jobs, and capital investment in your community!
Economic Development Training....
with emphasis on Louisiana's assets, laws, incentives, workforce.
Transportation and Logistics
It's a global economy. Developing and maintaining competitive resources and strategies for transportation and logistics is essential to be part of the action! This session will help economic developers effectively position their communities to attract new opportunities and to develop strategies based on available or potential transportation resources. Seasoned transportation and logistics pros will deliver the latest news on important transportation issues, including access to various modes of transportation, funding for maintenance and new projects, and trends in transportation and logistics. Both rural and urban communities will benefit from the ideas presented in this course.
• Introduction, terms, various aspects of transportation and logistics
• Overview of current status of the industry
• Understanding trends and how technology is impacting global trade
• Strategies for increasing exports of local businesses
• Analyzing your local communities assets and capabilities
• Case study on developing an industrial park
• Case study on developing a port
• Funding mechanisms for improving transportation resources
• How workforce impacts competitiveness in transportation and logistics
About LIDEA Program Sponsors
The Louisiana Industrial Development Executives Association (LIDEA) is a non-profit trade organization whose mission is to increase the effectiveness of individuals involved in the practice of economic development in Louisiana through education, public policy advocacy, and collaboration; LIDEA is the voice of the profession in Louisiana.
LIDEA started the Certified Louisiana Economic Developer program in 2008 to help practitioners become the best in the nation at growing economies in their communities.
Our partners include LED (Louisiana Economic Development), USDA Rural Development and the Delta Regional Authority. We are able to offer affordable, best in nation training due to their generous support!
We also enjoy generous support from AEP (American Electric Power) and GNO, Inc (Greater New Orleans, Inc.), who have both been supporters of helping community leaders learn economic development best practices for many years!