Certified Louisiana Economic Developer
Learn best practices in economic development to grow business, jobs, and capital investment in your community!
Economic Development Training....
with emphasis on Louisiana's assets, laws, incentives, workforce.
Winning Global Investment in a Global Market
Designed for professionals involved in economic development initiatives, the course will focus on more than practical tips on how to host foreign investors and negotiate agreements with them. Specifically, course topics include the importance of FDI in corporate site selection, how culture shapes expectations of foreign investors, how to communicate and present effectively to global prospects, and how Asian, European and Latin American cultures differ in their approach to business.
“More than half of the record investment announced in Louisiana in the last ten years has been made by foreign investors,” said program manager Scot Byrd. “Development experts predict that trend will continue into the next decade. Economic developers in Louisiana need to understand the differences in protocol and negotiations that occur when dealing with foreign companies to be successful.”
Instructor: Dr. Ed Bee
(for biography, click here)
• Setting the Stage: How Important Are FDI and International Trade to Economic Development in Louisiana?
• The Best Country –A Short Skit
• How Can 4 Pictures Tell So Many Stories?
• Our Understanding of Culture: The Hofstede/IBM Study
• The Challenges of Dealing with European Investors: Stories from the Trenches
• All are NOT Created Equal: Why the United States and Louisiana Baffle Foreign Investors
• Team Exercise: Using Synthetic Cultures to Overcome Cultural Differences
• Dealing with Japanese and South Koreans: Stories from the Trenches
• Marketing to Foreign Investors and Traders: What Works and What Doesn’t
• Dealing with Chinese Investors and Traders: Stories from the Trenches
*class sizes are limited. Our last course, Basic Economic Development, sold out, so please consider registering early.
TO REGISTER, click this button:
For parking, hotel, and other miscellaneous info, click here.
About LIDEA Program Sponsors
The Louisiana Industrial Development Executives Association (LIDEA) is a non-profit trade organization whose mission is to increase the effectiveness of individuals involved in the practice of economic development in Louisiana through education, public policy advocacy, and collaboration; LIDEA is the voice of the profession in Louisiana.
LIDEA started the Certified Louisiana Economic Developer program in 2008 to help practitioners become the best in the nation at growing economies in their communities.
Our partners include LED (Louisiana Economic Development), USDA Rural Development and the Delta Regional Authority. We are able to offer affordable, best in nation training due to their generous support!
We also enjoy generous support from AEP (American Electric Power) and GNO, Inc (Greater New Orleans, Inc.), who have both been supporters of helping community leaders learn economic development best practices for many years!